It’s not often that I take the time to write about food. But when that food is soaked in beer I think it deserves a few words. When that beer is Sam Adams Summer Ale it deserves grander words than exist in my vocabulary, but I’ll do my best.
I had the unique honor of joining brewer Jennifer Glanville and the Sam Adams team in DC for a taste of this culinary creation, and it did not disappoint. Sam Summer is the perfect balance for lobster. I devoured mine in no time, but chances are you aren’t going to find one any time soon, so for the adventurous out there here’s the recipe. If you make one I better get an invite!
Samuel Adams Summer Ale Infused Lobstah Roll
Recipe Created by Samuel Adams Chef Partner David Burke
- 16 oz lobster meat cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup diced green apples
- 4 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 8 Shaved scallions
- 4 Artisanal rolls
- 1/4 Cup Sam Adams Summer Ale
- **OPTIONAL 12 Pack of Sam Summer 🙂
- Pour a Sam Summer and start drinking
- Mix mayo, cream cheese and Summer Ale in a bowl
- Enjoy more Sam Summer
- Mix lobster meat, celery, carrots, apples tarragon, lemon juice and the previously mixed concoction together in the bowl
- I think it’s time for some Sam Summer
- Dole out to each of the 4 buns and top with scallions
- Salivate, sip your Sam Summer and Dive in!